So, you want to be a leader in the Paint Department at Super Steel!
We can make that happen!
This is what you need to bring to the table:
- The Desire to actively promote teamwork and continuous improvement to drive team productivity to the goal.
- The Experience to maintain accurate inventory of all supplies and consumables
- The Ability lead team discussions to communicate assignments, schedule, quality, safety and productivity of the area
- The Commitment to lead by example
- The Skills to engage, mentor, train, coach, motivate & problem solve to develop all team members on multiple shifts
- Oh, and all these other things too:
- Enjoy working with your hands and getting thing done.
- Be flexible and embrace change
- Be responsible
- Be organized
- Effectively communicate
Now that you know you can do all this & want to be a leader here is the fine print:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Complete paint process from prep-work, painting & finish work for all products in paint department. May cross train in other areas within the department as needed. Maintain inventory, help train new hires & develop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded as necessary.
- Operation and supervision of Wet Coat and Powder Coat Paint Lines.
- Oversee paint line, including monitoring finished parts, scheduling color changes, quality checks of parts before and after paint, maintain inventory of paints and solvents, and chemical iteration testing of wash system.
- Directs overall paint line operation and performance to meet company standards for safety, quality and quantity.
- Inspection of finished items for compliance with customer requirements.
- Working closely with the Plant Manager to direct and coordinate the activities of team members to meet production goals while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Work as a team with other leaders to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, and resolving problems.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other reports to determine production requirements.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issue, identifying solution and recommending action.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or concerns.
- Maintains workflow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, suggesting cost reductions, report & recommend facility corrections to malfunctions with process an equipment.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Coaching and identifying the developmental needs of team members.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures.
- Maintain and enforce a safe and clean work environment.
- Utilize computer programs for communication and to keep records of employees’ attendance, hours worked, shop orders completed, efficiencies and other information.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years Painting in a heavy industrial environment.
- Training on Super Steel methodology is provided to our leader, but this is not an entry-level job.
- Work requires skill and precision techniques.
- Good understanding of paints and painting processes.
- Recognize defective materials and coatings.
- Blueprint reading required.
- Candidates must have previous industrial paint environment experience
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
The position requires safety glasses & steel toed shoes. This position requires the use of a respirator. Occasionally additional safety equipment will be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear, and use one’s hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.