Job Title: Inventory Control Clerk
Reports to: Plant Manager
Work Location: Super Steel, LLC, Mequon, WI
Date: June 2022
Responsible for transporting incoming and outgoing materials to and from workstations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Transports incoming and outgoing materials using a forklift and other mechanical equipment.
- Operates forklift, electrical/hydraulic hoists, overhead crane and other power-driven equipment to load or move materials.
- Reads work orders to ascertain materials and/or containers to be moved.
- Supplies production area with needed materials from inventory.
- Loads or unloads material onto or from pallets, trays, racks or shelves.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Uses computer system to document material transfers and other record keeping
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: The position requires a high school diploma or GED. Prior experience driving a forklift truck is required.
Certification: Forklift and crane certification required. It will necessary to gain Super Steel certification within 30 days of employment and maintain certification throughout employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written comprehension,
- Must thrive in a team environment,
- Self-motivated but able to take directions,
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow detailed instructions,
- Must perform basic math calculations as required,
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize different projects as assigned,
Protective Clothing Required:
The position requires safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and appropriate clothing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to climb, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.