Website Super Steel LLC
SECOND SHIFT SUPERVISOR – 2nd Shift
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The 2nd Shift Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager.
Under general supervision, the 2nd Shift Supervisor is a working manager responsible for leading a quality focused and highly productive 2nd shift, as well as fitting, joining, fabricating, and repairing metal, and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Weld Training Program: Depending on skill level, class can be one to three weeks (Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm)
- Shifts Available after satisfactory passing AWS D1.1 Test: 1st Shift (6:00AM – 2:30PM Monday – Friday) or 2nd Shift (2:30PM – 11:00PM, Monday – Friday), with optional OT available.
- Meeting assigned On-Time Delivery, First Pass Quality (FPQ), Built In Quality (BIQ), and efficiency goals.
- Oversees and directs team, to include work allocation, training, and problem resolution, evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions according to the personnel handbook and in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Set up welding machines, understand how to change welding tips and basic machine maintenance.
- Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Set-up, lay out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings to learn where welds should be made.
- Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED); equivalent combination of education and metal fabrication welding experience required.
- +5 years of welding experience.
- +2 years supervisory skills with the ability to lead [by example], develop and mentor others.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience in an industrial weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- MIG, Flux Core experience required (TIG also desirable).
- Ability to understand work orders, follow procedures and maintain attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while prioritizing and assigning workflow.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Math skills: including ability to interpret measurements and use measuring devices and power tools.
WHY WORK FOR SUPER STEEL?
- We are a stable business that has been in business for 100 years, are very busy and continue to grow year after year.
- We offer:
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Paid-Time Off: Vacation, PTO / Sick Leave, Company Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium, plans with low deductibles, and wellness incentives.
- Health Savings Account company annual contributions.
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and more.
- Low-cost Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance coverage.
- Competitive 401(K) Plan employer contribution match.
- Team Building, fun and engaging employee activities, events, outings, and more.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIREMENT:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses, steel-toed shoes or boots and (where required) hearing protection always worn while on the factory floor. As required, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.