HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Location: Mequon, WI
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
An MRA member in the manufacturing industry is looking for a skilled Human Resources Generalist to join their growing team. As the HR Generalist, you will provide human resources support in areas including recruiting, onboarding, company policies and procedures, benefits, long- and short-term disability, workman’s-comp., training, performance management, and leaves of absence.
This role will work collaboratively with the leadership team to assist in the development and implementation of HR initiatives to achieve department and business objectives. You will provide tactical support in training employees in performance development tools. We are looking for someone who can function as a change agent in moving policies, initiatives, and the employee-focused culture forward.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – THE GENERALIST WILL:
- Supervise and execute all phases of the Human Resources function, including hiring, onboarding, performance & talent management, terminations, engagement, benefits communications, and other related people initiatives or programs.
- Develop and implement training across all levels of the organization.
- Investigate employee relations issues, including hotline reports, with a focus on timely resolution.
- Administer all employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, FMLA, S<D, vacation, paid leaves, and similar.
- Act as a thought partner and advisor to business leaders and employees on HR-related matters.
- Maintain and administer any records or personnel files as required by state and federal laws.
- Maintain and analyze metrics related to absenteeism, retention, and other HR KPIs.
- Drive employee engagement and HR operational excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS – THE GENERALIST WILL NEED:
- 5 or more years of HR operations experience, including experience acting as an HR consultant to business leadership.
- Proven success in implementing solutions that have resulted in improved engagement, capability development, trust, and culture.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Change agent mentality, focused on continuous improvement.
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and help develop underperforming employees or problematic behaviors.
- Ability to demonstrate trust, respect, confidence, care, and confidentiality in talent development and management decisions.
- Ability to drive results.
COMPANY “CORE VALUES”
- Eliminating fear through trust
- Engaging perspectives
- Expanding creativity
- Enabling agility
- Exceeding expectations
- Enthusiastically learning
- Empowering talent
- Embracing simplicity
- Excelling operationally
- Being Bold
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
Protective Clothing Requirements: `
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. When out on the production floor, this position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots (where required) and hearing protection worn at all times. Occasionally, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
While performing the duties of this job, and interacting with production personnel, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, required to stand, sit, talk, hear, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Occasionally exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.