Director/VP of Operations
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Supervises operations staff and reports to the President & CEO.
Responsible and have full oversight for the manufacturing production operations and timely delivery of quality products. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and best practices, facilitate and coach improvement teams; establish and maintain performance metrics to measure success.
A subject matter expert that leverages knowledge of industry, customer requirements and the general business environment to adapt and implement actions to meet the strategic direction of the company.
Interpret company’s priorities and sets the tactical direction of manufacturing operations to deliver on time, on budget and with the expected quality performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessing and building a culture, model, and organization of operational excellence.
- Has a customer centric mindset.
- Leading metal fabrication, painting, and assembly, cross-functional salaried resources, and hourly team members to achieve objectives.
- Meeting KPIs of On-Time Delivery, First Pass Quality (FPQ), Built In Quality (BIQ), Customer Quality Assurance Audits, cost, production, and efficiency goals.
- Developing budget, capital requirements, resource plans and identifying initiatives to continuously improve.
- Developing and leading the achievement of robust financial and non-financial continuous improvement and operational excellence goals and objectives that align with business strategies.
- Review overall service delivery and operations processes to identify any opportunity for improvement and document overall improvement impact, including process time saved, financial savings, manpower savings and process efficiencies.
- Implementing operational excellence across related areas like Safety, Training, Maintenance, and others.
- Ensuring the proper use of Six Sigma, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Manufacturing and Problem-solving methods.
- Defining and implementing processes to ensure technical capabilities within our teams and departments.
- Challenge’s self and others to identify and suggest ways to improve bottlenecks, process inefficiencies and service deficiencies.
- Establish operational metrics and reporting to facilitate optimization of manufacturing operations and continuous improvement strategies.
- Develop plans for managing talent and skill levels that ensure leadership bench strength is taken into consideration.
- Oversees and directs personnel, to include work allocation, training, and problem resolution, evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions according to the personnel handbook and in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field is required.
- 10+ years of manufacturing and operations is required.
- 5+ years of experience in prior roles as either a Plant Manager or Operations Director or equivalent.
- Expertise in Lean, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Excellence.
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean and Problem Solving
- Strong ERP experience is required with a proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to develop and mentor others.
- Proven record of initiating changes that improve performance (people, processes, technology)
- Analytical thinking skills, detail oriented, and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Employee development and performance management skills are essential.
- Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are vital.
- The ability to foster a cooperative work environment and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community is required.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots and (where required) hearing protection always worn while on the factory floor. Occasionally, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.