FABRICATIONS QUALITY INSPECTOR
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the fabrications quality inspector is responsible for a variety of quality tests and inspections (e.g. dimensional, weld, paint, appearance, assembly, etc.) on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards as well as product specifications.
We are currently looking for 1st and 2nd Shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Shifts Available: 1st Shift (6:00AM – 2:30PM Monday – Friday) or 2nd Shift (2:30PM – 11:00PM, Monday – Friday), with optional OT available.
- Responsible for a variety of quality tests and inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards as well as product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings to learn where welds should be made.
- Record, analyze and interpret data, communicate test results, perform statistical analysis when needed.
- Troubleshoots production development problems related to parts and/or assemblies; recommends improvements or solutions.
- Assists in the verification of implemented quality improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Using problem solving techniques, reports root cause of product and/or part failures.
- Provides technical assistance and training in quality techniques and services.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED).
- 5 or more years of quality control, engineering, welding or related field experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, metric and imperial.
- Certified Weld Inspector credentials required.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while prioritizing workflow.
- A self-motivated, detail oriented critical thinker.
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment.
- Apply general mathematics concepts to practical situations, including interpreting measurements and use measuring devices and power tools.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
WHY WORK FOR SUPER STEEL?
- We are a stable business that has been in business for 100 years, are very busy and continue to grow year after year.
- We offer:
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Paid-Time Off: Vacation, PTO / Sick Leave, Company Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium, plans with low deductibles, and wellness incentives.
- Health Savings Account company annual contributions.
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and more.
- Low-cost Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance coverage.
- Competitive 401(K) Plan employer contribution match.
- Team Building, fun and engaging employee activities, events, outings, and more.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
Protective Clothing Requirement:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots and (where required) hearing protection worn at all times while on the factory floor. Occasionally, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.