Super Steel LLC
WELDER – 2nd Shift
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the welder is responsible for fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal, and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications.
We are currently looking for Welders on 1st and 2nd shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Set up welding machines, understand how to change welding tips and understand basic machine maintenance.
- Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Set-up, lays out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings to learn where welds should be made.
- Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and two years or more of welding experience; equivalent combination of education and metal fabrication welding experience required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience in an industrial weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- MIG, Flux Core experience required (TIG also desirable).
- Ability to understand work orders, follow procedures and maintain attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments while prioritizing workflow.
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment.
- Math skills: including ability to interpret measurements and use measuring devices and power tools.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
Protective Clothing Requirement:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots and (where required) hearing protection worn at all times while on the factory floor. Occasionally, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.