Job Title: Assembly – Mechanical
Reports to: Plant Manager
Work Location: Super Steel, LLC, Mequon, WI
Date: September 2022
Description of Role:
Use blueprints & training to assemble electrical components in heavy equipment
Expectations of Role:
- Reviews blueprints and assembles various components according to customer specifications.
- Takes questions to technical leader or supervisor for clarification.
- Ensures each job is tracked appropriately using the clock system so time can be billed correctly.
- Uses measuring, hand and power tools as necessary for the assembly of specific parts.
- Compares Bill of Materials (BOM) to blueprints and brings discrepancies to the attention of supervisor. Identifies differences between BOM and blueprints and ensures billing is correct.
- Maintains communications with the quality department to ensure work passes inspection and is ready for shipment timely.
- Uses plant computer system to look up parts and determine status. Brings un-ordered parts to attention of supervisor so part can be obtained.
- Documents all parts necessary for the assembly of components by serial number for future review. Determines difference between vendor provided parts and internally fabricated parts and follows appropriate procedures for locating missing parts.
- Conducts function tests and pressure tests and determines where errors may be and what needs to be done for repair.
- Documents problems and steps taken to resolve for customer.
- Participates in training provided at Super Steel and offers instruction to entry-level, base assemblers.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Embrace Super Steels “Core Values”
- Eliminating fear through trust
- Enthusiastically learning
- Engaging perspectives
- Empowering talent
- Expanding creativity
- Embracing simplicity
- Enabling agility
- Excelling operationally
- Exceeding expectations
- Be Bold
This position requires a high school diploma or GED and welding degree. Five to eight years of experience in welded steel fabrication, blueprint reading and weld symbol interpretation is required; two to five years of experience in a welding training program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Good verbal and written comprehension and the ability to thrive in a team environment is required. Attention to detail, the ability to follow detailed instructions, follow blueprints, good math skills, ability to interpret measurements and use measuring devices and power tools is required. Mechanical aptitude is important. Use of overhead cranes is helpful. The ability to perform math calculations is required. The ability to work on different projects as necessary is required. The ability to train and offer guidance to entry-level employees is desired.
It is important that all Super Steel employees demonstrate the following competencies while completing the job.
- Integrity is the ability to maintain a high degree of certainty between what is said and done.
- Motivation is the drive to succeed within the cultural demands of the organization.
- Capacity is the ability to handle the volume of work required for success in the position.
- Understanding is the ability to know how to prioritize the work and to see how independent action affects others in the organization.
- Implementation is the ability to take an idea or concept or plan and successfully execute it within the constraints of the organization.
- Innovation is the ability to acquire information and to use the information to develop new decision-making paradigms.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots and occasional hearing protection. Occasionally the need may arise for other protective clothing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts, and in high, precarious places; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally performs work-related travel.
Frequent exposure to outdoor conditions and loud noises typical of shop conditions are regular parts of the position. On occasion there may be exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes and chemicals.