Website Super Steel LLC
BLAST BOOTH OPERATOR – 1st Shift
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the Blaster is responsible for preparing metal surfaces for either liquid paint or powder coating finishes by applying appropriate blasting techniques and finishes in accordance with product specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Understands the blasting process, efficiently operates the blast-gun, and other operations and can make equipment adjustments as necessary and as trained to produce quality finish.
- Understands blast finishes and profiles.
- Ensures items are properly located in blast booth for safe and proper operation.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, blueprints, work orders, follow procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and 2 or more years of industrial work experience required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must have worked with and understand industrial blast booth equipment to run proper pre- and post- preventive maintenance (PM) operations.
- Ability to understand work orders, follow procedures and maintain attention to details.
- Ability to work individually, or on occasion in a team environment.
- Basic proficiency in using computers, Microsoft Office desirable.
- Basic math skills, including the ability to interpret measurements and use handheld measuring devices and power tools.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
Protective Clothing Requirement:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed shoes or boots, and hearing protection worn at all times while on the factory floor and other required protective clothing that Super Steel will provide worn in the Blast booth.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.