Job Title: 3rd Shift Welder
Reports To: Plant Manager
Work Location: Super Steel, LLC – Mequon, WI
Date: September 2022
Provides high-quality welding in a team-oriented environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Must work in a safe manner wearing all required personal protective equipment. Expected to identify and alert managers of unsafe conditions, and mentor new employees in this application.
- Understands the basics of welding and can complete welds.
- Welds together metal components of products as outlined by senior-level welders.
- Supply and maintain at workstation required personal tools.
- Follows the Super Steel Quality Management System (QMS).
- Sets up own machines and understands how to change welding tips. Understands basic machine maintenance.
- Reads highlighted blueprints to learn where welds should be made.
- Works under the direction of a senior-level welder.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
The position requires a high school diploma or GED and 6 – 8 months of previous experience as an apprentice welder and experience either from course work in high school or technical college courses.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and work with necessary supervision as required. Incumbent must not be afraid to ask questions. Attention to detail, the ability to follow detailed instructions, follow blueprints, good math skills, ability to interpret measurements and use measuring devices and power tools is required. Ability to accept constructive criticism from senior level welders. Mechanical aptitude is important. Use of overhead cranes is helpful. The ability to perform basic math calculations is required. The ability to work on different projects as necessary is required.
Additional Characteristics: (It is important that all Super Steel employees demonstrate the following competencies in the course of completing the job.)
- Integrity is the ability to maintain a high degree of certainty between what is said and done.
- Motivation is the drive to succeed within the cultural demands of the organization.
- Capacity is the ability to handle the volume of work required for success in the position.
- Understanding is the ability to know how to prioritize the work and to see how independent action affects others in the organization.
- Implementation is the ability to take an idea or concept or plan and successfully execute it within the constraints of the organization.
- Innovation is the ability to acquire information and to use the information to develop new decision-making paradigms.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position requires safety glasses, steel-toed shoes and appropriate clothing. Welders must supply their own tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The position is primarily a production position located on the plant floor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.