Job Title: Machine Operator
Reports To: Plant Manager
Work Location: Super Steel LLC, Mequon, WI
Date: August 2022
Operates high speed sophisticated machines by managing settings and conducting tests to ensure a successful operation in the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Operating and maintaining all types of heavy equipment.
- Translating the blueprints and dimensions on drawings to perform aligning, loading, operating, and other related tasks.
- Oiling and greasing the machines and ensuring their proper workability.
- Adjusting the operating speed and controlling the load of the machines.
- Arranging and setting up the material handling equipment and machinery.
- Monitoring the machine operations to see that the finished products and components are aptly matching with the quality and quantity constraints of the company.
- Providing minor specifications to upgrade the systems as required.
- Examining and discarding defective goods and packaging components.
- Replenishing, stocking, and sorting the packaging supplies.
- Loading and placing the prepared commodities in appropriate depot locations.
- Recalibrating and cleaning the machineries after completing the production activities.
Education and/or Experience:
The position requires a high school diploma or a GED. Three to six months of experience in a heavy production environment is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective oral and written communications skills are essential. Incumbent must be able to read a tape measure and use a caliber to measure the thickness of materials. Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines. Mechanical aptitude is necessary. Incumbent should be able to communicate with other staff members. Beginning computer skills are necessary to operate the CNC machinery. Blueprint reading is necessary and an understanding of the Super Steel system is desired. Flexibility is important.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position requires safety glasses and steel toed shoes; occasionally additional safety equipment will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.