Job Title: Maintenance Tech (Base)
Reports To: Manager, Maintenance
Work Location: Super Steel LLC, Mequon, WI
Date: August 2022
Maintain a variety of plant equipment as necessary in a team environment. Provide preventative maintenance as scheduled. May rebuild and upgrade machines as determined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Assists maintenance techs with daily tasks. Understands the basics of machine maintenance.
- Under direction of more senior maintenance technicians, ensures plant equipment is running properly.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Maintains documentation of equipment.
- Organizes tooling and maintenance area.
- May assist in rebuilds or upgrades on equipment as necessary.
- Works with high level of safety compliance and follows the Super Steel Quality Management System (QMS).
- Keeps leaders and coworkers informed.
- Supplies own hand tools.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
The position requires a high school diploma or GED and 6 – 8 months of previous experience in maintenance. Experience either from course work in high school or technical college courses is preferred.
Certification: Forklift and crane certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic pipe-fitting, and welding knowledge. Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and work with necessary supervision is required. Incumbent must not be afraid to ask questions. Attention to detail, the ability to follow detailed instructions, follow blueprints, ability to interpret measurements and use measuring devices and power tools is required. Mechanical aptitude is critical. Working knowledge of basic hand tools required. Basic computer skills including Microsoft software (Word, Excel) is necessary. Use of overhead cranes is helpful. The ability to perform basic math calculations is required. The ability to multitask and work on different projects as necessary is required.
Additional Characteristics: (It is important that all Super Steel employees demonstrate the following competencies in the course of completing the job.)
- Integrity is the ability to maintain a high degree of certainty between what is said and done.
- Motivation is the drive to succeed within the cultural demands of the organization.
- Capacity is the ability to handle the volume of work required for success in the position.
- Understanding is the ability to know how to prioritize the work and to see how independent action affects others in the organization.
- Implementation is the ability to take an idea or concept or plan and successfully execute it within the constraints of the organization.
- Innovation is the ability to acquire information and to use the information to develop new decision-making paradigms.
Protective Clothing Required:
The position requires safety glasses, steel toed shoes and appropriate clothing. Maintenance Technicians must supply their own tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.