CNC MACHINE PROGRAMMER/OPERATOR
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reports to the Plant Manager.
Under general supervision, the CNC Programmer will be responsible for programming and operating commercial factory machines with live tooling that turn raw metals into usable components. This position will read blueprints and CAD files to understand the dimensions, tolerance, and feature requirements of the given component specification in order to properly create and modify CNC programs as well as setup machines to run new or existing programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Shifts Available: 1st Shift (6:00AM – 2:30PM Monday – Friday) or 2nd Shift (2:30PM – 11:00PM, Monday – Friday), with optional OT available.
- Program, set-up and operate high speed multi-axis CNC vertical mills and turning centers.
- HAAS CNC Machines, G&L Boring Bar.
- Ability to create programs using for example: MasterCam, Gibs and Fusion 360, G-Code
- Create and modify CNC programs. Read electronic technical drawings (CAD) as well as set up new or to modify existing CNC machine programs to meet part specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and measuring devices.
- Responsible for machine setup, tools and fixturing for new or existing programs.
- Identify required tooling or work holding devices.
- Create and submit purchase requests for new cutting and holding tools and fixtures.
- Provide machine maintenance support, including software.
- Perform required daily as well as monthly preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Evaluate and improve programming and equipment efficiencies.
- Validation of first article CNC manufactured parts.
- Operate various secondary machining equipment.
- Ability to safely operate basic hand and power tools.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND WHAT YOU BRING:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Technical trade education or associates degree is preferred.
- 5 or more years of prior experience operating and programming CNC machines required.
- Must be knowledgeable with computer software.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills and be detail orientated.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel) preferred.
- Must have own precision tools.
WHY WORK FOR SUPER STEEL?
- We are a stable business that has been in business for 100 years, are very busy and continue to grow year after year.
- We offer:
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Paid-Time Off: Vacation, PTO / Sick Leave, Company Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium, plans with low deductibles, and wellness incentives.
- Health Savings Account company annual contributions.
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and more.
- Low-cost Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance coverage.
- Competitive 401(K) Plan employer contribution match.
- Team Building, fun and engaging employee activities, events, outings, and more.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIREMENT:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires that safety glasses, steel-toed shoes or boots and (where required) hearing protection is always worn while on the factory floor. As required, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.