INDUSTRIAL POWDER COATING PAINTER – 1st & 2nd Shifts
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Painter applies powder coating paint to products where high grade finishes are required, ensuring the required coating thickness, color, and cosmetic requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Shifts Available: 1st Shift (6:00AM – 2:30PM Monday – Friday) or 2nd Shift (2:30PM – 11:00PM, Monday – Friday), with optional OT available.
- Responsible for applying powder coating paint to parts based on job orders, customer specifics, and other documents and verifies the documentation and specifications are correct.
- Understands the powder coating process, efficiently operates the paint gun, and other operations and makes equipment adjustments as necessary and as trained to produce quality finish.
- Determines material flow, and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using mill-gauge.
- Ensures the proper thickness and color is applied to all parts produced.
- Ensures items are properly hung for conductivity, line density as well as removed from hooks.
- Cleans the paint booth, paint guns and other equipment between jobs. colors and following each shift.
- Performs general and required clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas – as required by 6S (incl. Safety) practices.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift* to move and stage materials (*will be trained and certified).
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and a minimum of two years of powder coating experience required.
- Previous experience in industrial powder coating painting required, preferably in a metal weld fabrication environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, job orders, and customer specs.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos.
- Ability to properly clock in/out and complete all job-related paperwork.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
WHY WORK FOR SUPER STEEL?
- We are a stable business that has been in business for 100 years, are very busy and continue to grow year after year.
- We offer:
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Paid-Time Off: Vacation, PTO / Sick Leave, Company Observed Paid Holidays.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium, plans with low deductibles, and wellness incentives.
- Health Savings Account company annual contributions.
- Company paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, and more.
- Low-cost Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance coverage.
- Competitive 401(K) Plan employer contribution match.
- Team Building, fun and engaging employee activities, events, outings, and more.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
Protective Clothing Requirements:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses and steel-toed shoes or boots, specialized protective overgarments and (where required) hearing protection worn at all times while on the factory floor. Occasionally, the need may arise for other protective clothing that Super Steel will provide.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.