PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR – 1st & 2nd Shift
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR is responsible for bending and forming metal sheets and plates by applying appropriate techniques in accordance with product specifications and safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Understands the bending and forming processes, machinery and operations to make equipment adjustments as necessary and as trained to produce quality components.
- Reviews bill of materials and checks material measurements and thickness for accuracy.
- Checks incoming material to sketches/drawings to assure quality parts.
- Selects proper tooling to perform the job; responsible for storing tooling appropriately.
- Forms material by safely and correctly holding and guiding material into press brake.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, blueprints, work orders, and follow procedures.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Super Steel and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and 4 or more years of work experience required.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Must have worked with and understand press brake equipment to run proper pre- and post- safety and preventive maintenance (PM) operations.
- Ability to understand work orders, follow procedures and maintain attention to details.
- Ability to work individually, or on occasion in a team environment.
- Basic proficiency in using computers, Microsoft Office desirable.
- Math skills, including the ability to interpret measurements using handheld and mechanical measuring devices and power tools.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Paid Time off + Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Company Events
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIREMENT:
Employee Safety is paramount at Super Steel. This position requires safety glasses or goggles, steel-toed shoes or boots, and hearing protection worn at all times while on the factory floor as well as may require other required protective guards or clothing that Super Steel provides.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk, and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodation will be made to essential functions of the job if necessary.